Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Letter to Jake

The mission is going good. The coolest thing I think has happen is
that I met an investigator through a member who at the time is home
less so I tell you his story real quick. The man's name is Jeff Kobe
but his sign from his time in the army is Yeti. Jeff was riding on a
motorcycle when the driver lost control and he went face first into a
pole. While in the hospital he went almost completely blind and the
doctors discovered that he had intestinal cancer. Unable to get a job
because all forms of ID were destroyed, he was forced into the
streets. He then heard a voice telling him that he needed to find the
people that would show him the truth. After much prayer and study, it
was later confirmed that we were those people he was told to find. A
member who we used to fellowship Jeff is now buying him a cabin to be
place next to his house to give him a place to stay and they have
worked tirelessly so Jeff could get 2 forms of ID so he could get a
job. While we were teaching him one day he looked at me and said "I
am so happy I found the gospel, if I hadn't I would have been just
another dead hobo that no one cared about". It was so amazing. The
food's alright some good some bad been able to go to in n out a lot.

Elder Tomlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment